"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." Mark Twain



Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gradebook Change

While updating grades today, I realized that I needed to make a change to the gradebook.  I had decided to begin the year by making the gradebook weighted, so that assignments as a whole were worth more than tests, for example.  I was under the impression that individual assignments under each category would be weighted within the category, depending on the number of points given.  However, each assignment in a category is given the same weight, so that a 10 point assignment ends up being the same as a 50 point assignment.  I don't like that, so I'm going back to a points-based system.  Each assignment that has more points will be worth more in the gradebook.  As a whole, this should improve most grades at the moment.

Sorry for the confusion!